Login to the patient portal that relates to your visit:
EZ Access Patient Portal
Cerner HealtheLife Patient Portal
Are you locked out of the EZ Access Patient Portal?
For questions about how to use the EZ Access Patient Portal, or for questions about the information shown in your Portal account, contact us at 330-929-9671 or by email at PortalHelp@crystalclinic.com. The phone line is staffed Monday – Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Any after-hour calls will be returned the next business day. Email will be answered within one business day.
For questions about how to log in or use the Cerner HealtheLife Patient Portal, contact Cerner at (888) 338-9741. Support is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For questions about the information shown in your Portal account, contact us at 330-929-9671 or by email at PortalHelp@crystalclinic.com. The phone line is staffed Monday – Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Any after-hour calls will be returned the next business day. Email will be answered within one business day.
Effective August 1 our old patient portal, the Your Care Community Portal, will be retired. We recommend patients currently utilizing this portal to sign up for the Cerner HealtheLife Patient Portal for the best service.
Welcome to the Crystal Clinic Patient Portal
Crystal Clinic offers two patient portals to help you become a more active participant in your medical care. Each portal is a secure website that offers convenient 24-hour access to your personal health information.
For our patients who have visited any of our clinics, we offer a widely used portal from EZ Access. This patient portal has many features to help you manage your continuing care.
To best serve our patients who have had an inpatient procedure at our Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center Hospital, we have a dedicated patient portal powered by HealtheLife Cerner.
Using our HealtheLife Cerner hospital patient portal, you can view key parts of your Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center medical records. These include:
- Lab Results — Some results may be delayed pending discussion with your physician
- Procedures performed during your visit
- Prescribed medications
- Lists of allergies reported to your Crystal Clinic care team
- Vital signs such as weight, pulse rate, and blood pressure from your recent visits
- Discharge instructions from inpatient hospital admissions and outpatient surgeries
Using our EZ Access outpatient clinical portal, you can do all the above, PLUS:
- Update your demographic records — address, phone, emergency contact information
- View your clinical visit summaries
- View your records on your smart phone or tablet
- Communicate with your care team to ask questions about your treatment
- Communicate with our billing department if you have concerns about your charges
- Renew most prescriptions
- Schedule appointments
- Update your health history
How Do I Get Started?
To use the EZ Access Patient Portal:
- When you visit one of our offices, we will ask you to provide your email address as part of the registration and check-in process.
- Shortly after your visit, you will receive an email invitation to join the EZ Access patient portal.
- Using the instruction brochure that we provided at check-in, complete the sign-on process with a user ID, password of your choice and an answer to a security question.
You may also sign up directly for our EZ Access outpatient portal:
- Click the Patient Login button in the upper left. On the following screen, you will have an option to create your own portal account.
- Click the Create an Account button to begin your signup request. We then verify your patient relationship and approve your sign-up request.
To use the Cerner HealtheLife Patient Portal: Self-enrollment in the Cerner HealtheLife patient portal is available if you are already an existing patient and your surgery has been scheduled. You can also download the HealtheLife app to your smartphone. Existing patients can enroll in the Cerner HealtheLife patient portal here: https://crystalclinic.iqhealth.com/self-enroll/
DO NOT use the portals for urgent medical matters. If you are experiencing an urgent medical problem, contact your physician’s office or call 911.