Patient Health History
Your first appointment at Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center will consist of an initial consultation which will include a complete medical history and exam.
If surgery is deemed necessary, next steps will be discussed including scheduling your surgery.
See the list of accepted health plans.
What to expect
Knowing what to expect can ease any uncertainties you might have about your upcoming surgery. Here are a few details to ease your mind:
- Scheduling: Your surgeon's office staff will schedule your surgery. You'll need to schedule a visit to the Surgery Center before the day of your surgery. At this time, a nurse will familiarize you with our facility and may order any necessary laboratory studies.
- Preparing for your surgery: If you are a smoker, you will be asked to stop smoking well in advance of surgery. Certain medications, such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and many vitamins and supplements, can cause increased bleeding, so you should avoid taking these medications for a period of time before surgery. Do not drink alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Outpatient surgery: If surgery is to be performed on an outpatient basis, be sure to arrange for someone to drive you home after surgery and to stay with you at least the first night following surgery.
- Insurance Coverage: Verify insurance coverage for the scheduled procedure. Insurance forms and cards can be presented when you register. We require prepayment if you have no insurance coverage. You may use MasterCard or Visa to meet prepayments and the estimated portion of your bill due upon discharge.
- Confirmation Call: On the day before your surgery, your surgeon's office staff will call you to confirm your surgery time and review pre-operative instructions. If you will not be home the day prior to surgery, please call the office to confirm.
- Illness, Cancellation: Please call the office immediately if you develop a cold or other illness before the day of surgery so we may evaluate your situation further. If you develop signs of infection at or near the surgical site (cuts, scratched, bites, burns, etc.) before your surgery, please call your surgeon. If you cannot keep your surgery appointment for any reason, please call the Crystal Clinic Orthopedic Center at (330) 668-4040 or (800) 662-4043, ext. 4201.